Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chong-lip-shu!

I've crossed the 2 weeks mark and embarking on my 3rd week. The weather has gotten cooler, hallelujah to that! The sun is still out, so one can afford to sunbath and not sweat buckets. Singapore should be like that, adds on to that Christmas mood.

Life in Cambodia is rather slow paced and I'm quite enjoying it. I hope it doesn't turn into laziness when I return to Singapore :P I strongely believe that when you're in that country, you got to experience the culture, food and everything. Eat like them, travel like them and sometimes behaving like them helps. My main kind of public transport in Cambodia is motordop AKA motor-taxi. So, you just stop any motor cycle and you hop on. Aliens, please ask and name your price before you ride off. I'm kind of eating like them too, tried most of the street food and I can only be thankful there's has been no major stomach protest. Only once, when Sarah brought stuff to cook from the market. She's fine, but I threw up every bits of it.

So, my Singaporean roomie came a few days ago. At one point I was looking forward to her coming, "yayy, someone to talk to or go shopping with!" Now, it felt like I'm better off alone. I can change whenever I want, sleep at whatever time, have the lights on till I wake up to switch them off, throw my smelly clothes all around and most importantly have 2 single beds to myself. Kind of disappointing to have a rather typical Singaporean. Going to supermarket with her means taking a slow tuk tuk instead of motordops. Anyway, if she's willing to pay 2/3 of it, don't mind. I can see the disgust in her eyes whenever I asked if she wants to try the street food. Hah! Very typical Singaporean traveller. She's like Aunt Helen. Please, I cannot deal with 2 Aunt Helens in my life. I hope the next roomie is better. Actually, judging from the name.. I shouldn't expect much. Hah, but who cares. I'm here in Cambodia not for the roomies.

Then this morning we have a Singaporean family come join us for devotion. Very typical Singporean family at the breakfast table, spoilt kids with helpers in the house. If the Dad and Son didn't dive, we would have much to talk about. So yeah, it's proven.. When you meet another diver somewhere, it's like running into family members. Hah! So I have enticed them to go down to Sihanoukville with me! Thank God I wore the dive shirt today.

Gloria Ngoi, silhanoukville is waiting for us! Keep thinking of the 25 cents beer and the food. I'll be going down for a check-out for us first, so I can pamper you like a queen (brought to you by Loo's PA service) and then you can get the "alone" time you wanted. How's that plan? Cool? You got to listen to that small voice telling you to scoot over to Cambodia you know? I know you're missing my PA service too. For a limited time you can get it out of Singapore too!

So, what should I have for lunch today? I hope tonight's dinner will be good :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?