Monday, October 12, 2009

I've never been a fan of birds, their sharp claws and beaks turns me off... With Dad's 8 (I think) loud chipping birds at home, it didn't help. I would take every opportunity to disturb the birds, scare them, shake their cages and sometimes even curse at them. Their poop smells, their seeds fall all over the place and they are noisy!

Somehow the perception changed after that 2 full day camp at bird park. They are still noisy, forever will be, but I see another side now. They are cute, even though some chicks look very retarded like the blue-eyed cockatoo.. hurhur! It amazes me how the birds adapted to their environment from their body structures, the way they behave, how they looked, how they eggs looked... everything! I remember how girlfriend said she could never look at diving the same again and not believe there is a God who created all things. Now I share her point of view, through the birds!

The camp was enriching, they load you with tons of information and it's overwhelming. Having 3 hours of sleep the night before didn't help, I gave up after reading one section of the notes. Even Lynn's coughing and the penguins' quarrels didn't wake me up. The humidity could also kill, never a moment I walked around the park without sweating. Night walk in bird park was fun too, though 80% of the time I don't know where we are passing through. Felt like I was out of Singapore during the weekend, perhaps being at the other side of Singapore contributed to it.

Had a really long chat with Lynn on the train, all the way till we finished dinner. Sometimes she irritates me, but her words do give me new insights every now and then. Maybe because our birthdays are a week apart from each other, our thinking and characters cross paths sometimes.

Doulos came back in Singapore, now still is but closed to the public already. I missed being on the ship, I say the same thing every time I visit the ship... Looking at all the crew, memories of Logos II flooded my mind again. Days before, I keep replaying the moments on Logos II... I really do miss Logos II. I was so surprise to see Ilona on Doulos! It's been 2 years since we last met and it never cross my mind that we could see each other again. Meeting Benjamin and Daniel again was great, they were still so young when I saw them on Logos II. They could barely speak proper english then, but now they speak so well! I could still remember how Daniel came up to me with Bob the builder in Faeroe; with his full confidence of a 2 year-old and baby-ish english said, "You know what this is? It's Bob the BUILD!" And when I said, "It's Bob the BUILDER..." He stood his ground and went, "NO! It's Bob the BUILD!" And how when I asked how old is he, he would raise 2 closed fingers up beside his face and said "Too!" Benjamin is still as cute and hansom, very vocal now and even manage to exchange conversation with me.

Cambodia is drawing near, but the feeling hasn't kick in yet. I still lack funds, didn't have enough to cover the fees payable yet. I've never worried about finance, I don't want to this time. God, please let me trust you like I did for Logos II, if not even more. I'm really looking forward to Cambodia, I needed the time away. Time away from people I've been spending so much time with, time away to sort out the thinking, time away to prepare for 2010 and time away to "grow up". Let this time away be good, good for You and for me.

I really don't know what to do.. Well, let go, let God... It will be well in Him.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?