Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Completely - Ana Laura

The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do
In all that I say
Right here in this moment

The power of prayer is in a humble cry
The power of change is in giving my life
And laying it down
Down at your feet
Right here in this moment

Take my heart
Take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is with in me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone
Completely

This journey of life is a search for truth
This journey of faith is following you
Every step of the way
Through the joy and the pain right here in this moment

Right here, right now,
And for the rest of my life
Hear me say

I am yours and yours alone
Completely

___________________________________________________________________
Last week Eugene was asking me if I felt anything about leaving work. My reply then was a straight no; I didn't feel any belonging or attachement to the place, or so I thought. Maybe in years to come, I would eventually forget that I have taught at KC even. The feeling of leaving didn't quite sink in until yesterday. As I sat in lab, sorting my things till today to finally packing them... the feeling is kicking in. It's not a sad or happy feling about leaving the job, I reckon it's a normal thing when you leave a place after some time; whether you liked it or not.

As I took down the pictures on the wall, slowly go through things that I'm bringing back, leaving behind and throwing away.. It brough me back to the time when I first set foot in this school. I didn't know what to anticipate, it was afterall my very first full time job. The once barren wall was covered with photographs, the once empty table was filled with my things, the once silent lab echoed my Christian radio; now I guess it will be back to square one again, at least for a little while.

With each photograph that I removed, it brought back memories of why it was on the wall. Pictures of Iggy, Logos II days, my first open water dive, church people, family, Laos trip with girlfriend... Man, all these actually happened!?

Serene was telling me to write a hand-over report to the replacement if he/she didn't show up by tomorrow, at the end of it put "Good Luck". Well, I guess that person really needs it if he/she is not coming when I'm still around. So many things to hand over, typing a report wouldn't be enough. Whatever lah, I couldn't care less now.

It occurs to me this morning that I have a good week of professional bumming to do before running camps for JBP and setting off to Cambodia. The idea of making a trip back to Malaysia is very tempting... Finances wise, I'm still contemplating..

Let's see what will happen tomorrow :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?