Wednesday, May 13, 2009

21st Sunny Footprint

21st birthday came and went. Some people spend months preparing, lavished it with whatnot and invited millions of people. Well, I can say mine is rather simple. Didn't spend months, in fact, maybe just few minutes a day. But all in all, I'm quite happy with it.

It rained in the morning, very heavily. Somehow I still manage to get to Uncle Bao Ming's place for marketing. It's always good to have a senior to help you out. We bought the stuff needed for the party at a breeze. He knows people, that's why and I can say for the prices paid, it was a good deal! We went back to his place, get the things cut and sorted out and before long we were ready for second round of shopping. With Uncle Bao Ming around, considered half done. Before we know it, it was way pass lunch time. We were pondering on what to eat, since Uncle Bao Ming said he can and have anything that we want. To named him some, we throw out pizzas, ramen, turkey etc etc... Boy, he sure have them all. But finally, he said, "Haiya, you birthday girl must eat vermicelli with egg!" To be truthful, I never had it for birthday before. He made my day so happy right from the beginning! The very first vermicelli with egg in 21 years... Hur hur, traditional... but I likeeee!
The day pass by pretty fast. Like a blink of the eye, it's party time! Family was here first followed by Churchies.
I'm actually surprise to see Ben Bully, I thought he went off to Malaysia with girlfriend. Thanks for coming even when you were called to go fishing, appreciate it!
The real fun starts when family was about to leave.. You know why! HAHAHAHA!
Very gooooooood... most people came dressed according to theme. Actually, I don't really care lah.
It's always nice to see people gathering to talk ans reminiscing on good old days.
Pegan and Yilin came too! The only 2 ruggers that came. My apologies, no time to really entertain, but I'm glad you were entertained by the food.
Woohoo! Faith came too, too bad little Gloria wasn't here.
This Jackson made me smile the longest when I read the message he wrote for me. Very simply, "I love Grace". But his kiddy handwritting with an inverted 'L' made it all for heart warming.
Man.. Hui Wen's Loi Ke Tong song still ring in my head whenever I see this picture.
Pretty huh? Too bad had to put it out and take them away cause resident complained. Damn those people.
This is one of the cutest picture of the night. 3 grown man playing the squirrel, hunter game.
Three different shades of yellow. Sing Hui says it's Morning's sun, Afternoon's sun and Evening's sun. I said it's raw egg yoke, half-cooked egg yoke and cooked egg yoke.
A very big squirrel in between 2 small trees.
Chubs look more like rabbit then squirrel.
And the cutest squirrel award can only go to Jackson. No need to act cute, naturally cute already.
Rosemary, Grace and Ms Goh came to play too!
The long lost secondary school friends. Haven seen ass twin in a huge while!
Churchies were out to play as well. Well, they are always playing.
Eugene too fat to squat, had to hold on to Lance and Dawn for support. Or was there an earthquake.. Blurriness of the picture, explained.
Sing Hui liked this picture.. Come to think of it, yeah.. I like it too.
Ah Bu preparing them to sing the special song for me. David fell in love, kept singing and singing.
Group hug!!
Wah, thanks ah. Till now I still didn't know who did it.
Some left earlier :( But nonetheless, thanks for coming!
Very nice picture of the divers. Lynn and Chubs looked very good in them.
The 4E girls with Goon.
The KC people who came!
And the people who put in so much hard work for my party.
Dawn with a cramped face, Lance half dead from all the singing.
Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

I wasn't there when they sang YMCA, but Sing Hui had videos of it. Missed out the fun! All in all, it was a good night. Was a little pissed with the camera person who didn't know how to handle a DSLR, but other than that everything was good. Wanted to party at the Rambai some more, but everyone was tired after a day's work. Went online, chatted with Sing Hui till 4ish. Slept till the next day 4ish, got woken up by Eugene's call for movie..

Saturday, slept half the day away. Watched this Chandni Chowk to China movie, had dinner at Eugene's favorite Bar Chor Mee's place, send Hui Wen to Check Point, dropped Adam headed back to the Esso near Rambai to pump petrol.. Then out of the sudden Eugene and Grace suggested watching movie. So, I spend my 21st watching Star Trek Digital.

Went Church, nothing much. Waited but nothing, might as well forget it. Hopped home to change then to Eugene's for dinner..

This was my 21st birthday. Simple and nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?