Thursday, October 02, 2008

Goon say it will rain yesterday, but it did not! Thankfully didn't listen to her, I went ahead with my cycling trip :D Instead of the usual East Coast route, I took Dad's route and went all the way to Changi Beach Park. Total distance covered from home to Changi and back was about 30km. Didn't note how much time I used, but there were a number of breaks in between. The intersection from East Coast to Changi was a stretch of beautiful road with lots of greens. Reminded me so much of the walk we took in Iceland. Everything was nice, the weather, the sun, the wind... until the way back.

I was just exiting the intersection from Changi to East Coast, took a turn, went up a small slope. Then there was this group of leisure cyclist coming through. It was a big group, so I had to give way. As there were all coming through on my left, I moved to my right. I was pressed against this object and couldn't move right anymore, so I stopped and waited. THEN, I notice there's this girl (which look new in cycling) were first cycling towards the direction on my left. Out of the blue (once I have stop my bike) she changed her direction and were coming my way! The whole time she wasn't looking in front, but at her pretty bicycle. I guess she didn't even realise she was crashing into me until that faithful moment. I fell, she fell. She was wearing jeans, I was wearing my FBT. So guess, who had the most injuries.

My bike's left handle bar simply tried to tear my thigh's skin away, the other handle bar crushed my right thumb and left a 10cm "line" on my tight down. Everything was perfectly find, until then.

Well, coming to think of it. I'm fortunate enough to have such minor injuries. Saw some pictures of others' bike crash, far more painful than mine. Thank God I was going very slowly and not like 30km/h speed. Thank God both of us were going slow. Thank God it happened towards the end of the trip. Thank God that none was seriously injured. Thank God the bike was alright and I still could cycle home. Well, thank God!

A nice way to celebrate my last children day before stepping into adulthood.

Wanted to run today, but my butt still hurts from the 30km bike ride, the thigh still hurts, my hands still hurts. Half of my body still aches. Let's see tomorrow.

Maybe I could try cycling to school during the holidays eh? It's less than 2km (I think). After that 30km, 2km is nothing :P No crash please, crashing along the way to school or back is deadly.

Lots of work to do!! Busy period for all teachers and now, me too! Lots of things to upload, lots of updates to do, lots and lots of don't know what..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?