Friday, November 17, 2006

Stars

Like what I would do normally; I walked to the back of the kitchen and looked towards the sky. It was a few minutes before midnight, the air was cool and the sky cleared. What greeted me was the night sky filled with a number of visible stars. It was simply magnificent. If I could, I would count the stars that I saw. Unknowningly my heart began to sing and a smile appeared on my face. As I feel the cool air brushing on my face, I could feel God too. That moment, I remembered how wonderful God is; who created beautiful things and me.I went back into the living room, with the images of the stars flashing in my mind.

Before I knew, it was way passed midnight. Moments before I pop into bed, I remembered the stars. I made my walk to the kitchen again, thinking that by now the stars would be gone. I looked up, the stars were still there; just that their position shifted. They were still as bright, shinning from where they were. I stood there for awhile and remembered that night in Malaysia where I saw a sky filled with stars. That night in my prayers I told God that I would love to sleep under the stars one night.

It was rare to see so many stars in the sky of Singapore, I guess that's what made me tresure the sight of stars so much.

I can imagine how bright, big and beautiful the star might have been when Jesus was born.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?