Friday, October 13, 2006

I must admit, for a few minutes I have been wondering why I like this show. Although I have always found White House-related dramas interesting, that factor alone has not brought me back to The West Wing or any other shows on a consistent basis. Commander is a seriously-dumbed down version of its predecessor. But then it occurred to me—the reason I do like the show is because it is a dumbed-down version of The West Wing. No serious intellect required. I get enough of the juicy behind-the-scenes stuff while being allowed to kick back at the same time. If I’m dozing off and miss a sentence here or there, I am not forever lost. While The West Wing can be far too serious for its own good, Commander has just enough fluff to keep me amused. At lease, I started watching it only two weeks ago! Woman power! For centuaries woman is always under man and is always considered the weaklink! Yeah, I do agree that woman may not be as strong physically as man do; but emotionally we can be stronger!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, there's the potluck tomorrow and I got Grandma to have it all fixed up for me. Suppose to be pasta-the-normal-style for me to bring, but Grandma suggested something simpler. It's simpler cause she's gonna be the one cooking and I'll be the one cutting up the stuff. So it's stir fried macoroni with lots of other stuff in it. Maybe it's a little disappointing to the ones that I have promised the normal pasta; but I seriously think this fried macoroni will taste better with potato salad! Somehow we got so used to the things we used to eat and sometimes refused changes; same goes to our life, don't we?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, sometimes I am so concerned of what people think of me that I drive myself crazy at times? So, here what's you call the me-myself-and-I illness. I got so much to learn in life :)

Recently I'm re-reading a book that I finished months ago, "What happens when woman walk in faith". Re-reading it has certainly changed my life in a little here and there! I have re-noticed the points that I marked out and newly point out new points that I discovered. Perfect timing to re-read books in time. So many in life that I have to step out and leave. Draw a line in the sand and never dive back to the mud pubble I left.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?