Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I can't believe I slept my holiday away! I slept at 1a.m on Monday's morning and woke up at 11a.m; then slept again at 2p.m till 6.30p.m and later from 10p.m to 10.30a.m! Grace can sleep; take that note down.

On Sunday, we had the long awaited BBQ at Eunice's place. It didn't happened as what I wanted it to be *Sheesh* The youths were singing in the Karaoke room and the adults haveing their own chats at the pit. Where's the bonding that I wanted to acheive? Alright, there's a tiny winny little bit of bonding.

Alright, someone has just left the church and I think it affected some people. It wasn't really a shock to me; I knew someday she will go. Who knows who will be the next one that we never expect? Life in the youth ministry is full of ups and downs. In times I looked forward to the lunch gathering and the coming together; sometimes I just hope things can change a little. For all the conversation we had on the church, the pastors and the people.. I wonder how many times the conversation did "come true". Well, most of the time we just mentioned it and it was forgotten. From a certain number of people, what they mention and what they carry out through their actions is totally poles apart. Someone can tell me how unhappy they are with certain things, but no action can be seen from them; get what I mean?

What we used to talk about, the things we discussed in meetings.. seems to be useless. Seldome carried out or should I say NEVER? Well, make it "seldom" or maybe "failed-to-carry-out-action". For example the Bible reading thing; is it working in the ministry? How many of us are following the reading plan as given? Maybe one or two? Do the teachers cared? Come on, we have 2 youth teachers and 1 youth pastor in the ministry; but I think their presence is USELESS. Understood that two of them is busy with Bible studies and one with work; what about us then? We are like little chilren left to walk in front of them, when we fall and hurt ourselves then they will come and lecture us, " See lah! Told you not to wander around. Arg, now fall down liao!"---> You know the usual asian "lectures" that will come from the parent's mouth if their child fall and hurt themselves.

I know non of us in the committee is a good leader; we all have our weakness. But I really hope that even thought we have our own weakness, we can still help each other in one way or another. Like an example, JY reminding me to come up with the time slot for Praise and Worship for the month of May! So far, I guess I can only interact with some people in the committee lah!!

I really wonder where will this church be in 5 years time?

Strangly, the thought of leaving the church I'm in is not longer coming into my mind; at lease not leaving as long as I'm in Singapore. I guess the time I'll leave the church is the time I'm leaving Singapore.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?