Thursday, March 31, 2005

Birth Of the buttlefly

A man found a cocoon.

One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then, it seemed to stop as if it had gotten as far as it could and could not go further.

So the man decided to help the buttlefly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped to enlarge the opening. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small shrivelled wings. The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected the wings to expand and the body to contract. Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a bloated body and a pair of limp wings. It was never able to fly.

What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the cocoon's tiny opening was nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings, making it ready for flight once it got out. Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If we went through our lives without obstacles, life wouldn't be challenging enough. We would not be as strong as we could have been. We would never fly!













Read this story in the office today and I think it is more than just meaningful. Struggles, all of us experienced it, it's a matter of facing it or running away from it. The more we run away, the more it came closer.

I hasn't been a good week for me. First I have to deal with my emotional problem, then came my internal struggle. Now, everything is cleared, I can see the sky again. After the meeting with Si Yun, it had helped me a lot. I have realise certain emotion for him. Today is his last day at work, and the day is ending already. Duane didn't come today, and Eli went for lunch on his own. Left me and him. It was raining this afternoon, we shared an umbrella and went to my favorite foodcourt. He suggested it, I didn't. He knows that I like that foodcourt-- That's nice of him. Me and him had lunch together.. God, did you arrange this? Thank you God, I had a great time. We chatted during lunch, got to know him deeper.

I bought a card and a bookmark for him, think I will hand over to him tomorrow. He says he will be coming over for a meeting tomorrow. Wrote him a letter as well, expressing all my feelings for him. Manage to get his number as well, at least there is a hope to keep in touch.

Leaving office already, the rest are going. Wonder how tomorrow would be.. without him..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?